Comfortable New Zealand self drive sleepervans for budget minded travellers in modern, funky designed vans that capture the style and imagination of our unique travellers. Don’t be fooled by imitations!
Backpacker Sleepervans are not your normal run-of-the-mill sleepervan concept with a mattress on a platform. Our vehicles can best be described as campervans without the high top. Stand out from the crowd in a sleepervan featuring an exciting unique New Zealand theme professionally applied to the exterior while the interior is loaded with special design features not found elsewhere.
1 Jun -
16 Jul -
1 Nov -
16 Dec -
11 Jan -
- Internal Height: 1.35m
- External Height: 1.95m
- Width: 1.70m
- Length: 4.40m
- Make/Model: Toyota Liteace/Noah
- Vehicle Age: 1999 year average age
- Pax Capacity: 2
- Fuel: Petrol
- Fuel Consumption (approx): 11 Litres per 100km
- Engine Specifications: 2 litre
- Transmission: 4 speed Automatic with overdrive
- Air-Conditioned: Driver's Cabin
- Seating Configuration: Two seats in the driver's cabin
- Entertainment: AM/FM Radio, CD Player and Plugin MP3
- Power Steering: Yes
- Dual Battery: No
- Seatbelts: 2
- AA 24 hour roadside Assistance: Yes
- Roof Racks: Yes
- Sleeping Configuration: Double 1.90m x 1.04m
- Gas Cooker: 2 burner gas stove
- Microwave: No
- Gas Bottle: Butane canisters
- Fresh Water Tank: 12 litres
- Waste Water Tank: 12 litres
- Heating: Driver's cabin when engine is running
- Fridge/Freezer: 12v cooler box, works when you are driving and its connected to the cigarette lighter
- Shower/Toilet: No
- Storage: Under seats at rear of vehicle
- Fly Screens: No
- Exterior Access: Side and rear doors
- Equipment Provided: Cooler box, french press (for fresh coffee), wine glasses, cutlery, crockery and cookware utensils.
- Linen & Bedding Provided: Bed Sheets, 1x Duvet, 1x Blanket. Items provided per person 1x Pillow, 1x Pillow Case, 1x Bath Towel
- Hot & Cold Water Supply: Cold only manually pumped
- Fire Extinguisher: Yes
- Certified Self Contained: No
- PLEASE NOTE that, due to popular demand, Backpacker Sleepervans now offers pick up and/or drop off in Wellington, Nelson, Greymouth, Dunedin and Queenstown.
However, please note that a surcharge of NZ$650 applies per pick up and/or drop off.
- REMOTE LOCATION HIRES Please note the following changes to our providing this service:
- No pick ups or drop offs at remote locations from 20 December to 10 January (inclusive).
- From 11 January to 19th December (inclusive) a 14 day minimum hire period applies.
- Insurance is included in the rates.
- Unlimited kilometres and GST (15%).
- All charges are calculated on a daily basis, not a twenty-four hour day.
- For all rental vehicles, there is a minimum period of five days.
- Courtesy airport transfers before and after your hire are included in the price.
- Your standard excess/deductible is $1,500 NZD ($2,400 NZD for drivers aged under 25 years).
- Bond waiver is $17.00 NZD per day (standard) or $22.00 NZD per day for drivers aged under 25 years. Maximum charge is for 40 days.
- We do not deduct the bond from your credit card. Debit cards without the excess reduction purchased willl have the bond deducted from the card.
- Multiple windscreen and tyre cover are included in the minimum insurance.
- We do not charge one way fees with minimum hire period of 14 days.
- We do not charge for extra drivers.
- Free starter pack, regional and activities guide.
- Comprehensive road atlas supplied on loan.
- Nationwide AA road side service.
- Rates and conditions may be subject to change. Rates are available only to customers booking directly through Tui Rentals.
- Special discounted rates apply for rentals of more than 50 days. Details are available on application.
- Consecutive campervan rentals from New Zealand Backpacker Sleepervans and Australia Tasmania Campers can be combined to earn generous long-term rental discounts.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge of 2% for Visa or MasterCard.